• There is a required deposit of 25% required. Unless I become unable to complete your design, this deposit is non-refundable. The deposit can be applied to other services if you choose not to go with your original order.
• I only accept payment via Paypal
• Please refer to my design schedule before placing an order. I am a freelance designer, which means that I work on a schedule, and am rarely available for immediate work.
• The date range that you select is not an estimate of how long it will take to complete your project. It is the time period in which I will begin working on your project. You will receive an initial draft of your project during this week. I may not start on the first scheduled day, depending on whether or not other projects may have taken longer than expected. I do strive to complete most projects over the course of a week, but that, of course, depends on prompt communication.
• Once we begin, I need you to respond as promptly as possible to any correspondence. Delays in correspondence over 72hrs (3 days) long will result in the next client in line being moved up to your spot.
• I prefer that all correspondence be done online, via email, skype, ychat, gchat, etc, so that I can have that transcript to refer to when working on your design.
• After I have sent your first draft, please take your time to look over it before responding. This way, we can eliminate the amount of back and forth doing edits. (And the number of emails to look through to make sure I received all of your feedback!)
• I will do my best to answer emails as promptly as possible. Please do not ask me about your design via my personal twitter account. Feel free to follow me if you want to chat about anything else though
• I do not allow unlimited edits/revisions to a design. Please, communicate as clearly as you can what you are looking for from the design, and also review my portfolio, so that you can see the type of work that I do. If the first draft is way off from what you need, you should give me a clear, specific critique of what should be done differently. I limit edits/revisions to 3 major changes. Major changes are: Complete change of color scheme; Different font style; Completely different style for the design; Changing anything that you previously approved that is a major element of the design, such as the header or background.
• It normally takes me 1-2 days to complete edits. I will email you when I have completed any changes that you may have requested. (or you can stalk the test blog )
• After your design is completed, paid for, and installed, there is a 3 day “trial period” that you may use to make sure that nothing was overlooked. Your design can look quite different once it is actually on your blog, with your posts, sidebars, pictures, etc all filled in. If you notice anything that needs to be fixed, just let me know!
• After the 3 day “trial period” any changes to the design will be billed at $25 per hour, with the exception of issues that affect the usability of the blog.
• I will place a link to my website (and possibly my logo) in the footer of your site after your design is completed. I make sure that it is unobtrusive, and does not effect the look of your site. You may remove this if you want to, but I would appreciate it very much if you allow it to stay
• If you are placing an order for a blog design that you don’t want to premiere until a future date (more than a 2 weeks from the time the design is complete), please let me know this information up front. I schedule my time to make sure that all of my clients get the care and attention that they need, and it throws things off if I’m working on a design that isn’t need for another month. Also, please note that if your installation is not to take place for more than 1 month after I have completed the design, I will require payment at the time the design is complete.